[webkit-dev] gdklauncher quits for "http://www.craigslist.com"

Krzysztof Kowalczyk kkowalczyk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 23:37:06 PST 2007

Well, redirection is broken only if your libcurl doesn't support it.
We handle redirection on the curl level by setting
CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION to 1. On my system it works just fine. However,
it has to be said that until I upgraded libcurl manually on my system
to the latest version (i.e. compiled from the latest curl sources), I
was getting a lot of crashes inside libcurl, so I recommend upgrading
curl when doing webkit/gdk work to get rid of problems possibly caused
by broken libcurl.

Of course there's still a bug in the code: we should be robust in face
of curl errors and apparently we aren't.

-- kjk