[webkit-dev] Nightly snapshot partial copy

Mark Rowe bdash at webkit.org
Sat Jun 23 17:41:47 PDT 2007

Try using <http://live.nightly.webkit.org/files/WebKit-SVN-source.tar.bz2
 >.

> The website reports that this file is updated every six hours. It
> appears
> that the process that places this file does so by copying over the
> existing file (instead of something more atomic like a file rename).
> This
> causes problems while downloading the file while it is being
> overwritten
> (the file size is under-reported).

Nope, that doesn't happen.  The tarball is created separately and then
renamed into place.  I think the problem is likely to be the caching
proxy server which is at nightly.webkit.org choking on the 180MB
file.  I've updated the links to point directly at the web server for
this large file so hopefully this problem will disappear.

Kind regards,

Mark Rowe