[webkit-dev] Doubt about latest webkit

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Tue Jun 19 01:25:58 PDT 2007

Am 19.06.2007 um 09:57 schrieb Maciej Stachowiak:

> On Jun 19, 2007, at 12:36 AM, sachin J Puranik wrote:
>
>> I could see that classes RenderThemeGDK/RenderThemeWin supplies
>> system
>> properties viz Background Color/Font Style.
>>
>> It means that WebKit is not using any widgeting library and it is
>> drawing every component with its own Drawing Engine.Am i correct??
>>
>> Then How do we manage to get the 3D Effects (like Press and
>> Release)??
>
> In RenderThemeMac, we use the low-level NSCell API to draw the
> backgrounds and borders of form controls, but don't create real
> widgets. I believe Gtk has a theme API which could be used in much
> the same way.

Hi,
I'm not entirley confident that using GtkStyle[1] is enough. You will
have the option of copying and pasting the drawing code from gtk
(e.g. _gtk_button_paint to paint a button) or to allocate a native
widget (e.g. GtkButton).

The RenderTheme code is almost self explanatory and there are at
least three complete examples. If you are interested in implementing
it join the #webkit channel on irc and there are at least two of us
interested in the Gdk/Gtk port. This would greatly reduce the
roundtrip time.

z.

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkStyle.html