[webkit-dev] ECMAScript 4Ed. in JSC

Rodrigo Melo rodrigofm04 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 06:43:34 PDT 2007

Hey, Garen, That sounds good! But as I could see, it is still just a plan,
nothing about reference implementation, code repositories or this stuff,
right? If there is I would like to take a look.. :-)
Just another question: What about E4X - ECMAScript 357 - Is there any
interest to provide E4X support in webkit?
There is an implementation of that in the Mozilla/SpiderMonkey and I believe
it also interests to WebKit/JSC.  I'm really interested on it, if you know
someone engaged with that...

Some days ago, I started investigating on the near version of the
EcmaSpecification, discovered them to myself E4X and found very interesting.

On 6/13/07, Geoffrey Garen <ggaren at apple.com> wrote:

> Rodrigo,
>
> Yes, we keep abreast of new web standards. Some of the features in
> JavaScript 2 seem quite useful, and we've been talking about the best ways
> to implement them. We could use your help, if you're volunteering.
> Cheers,
> Geoff
>
> On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:13 AM, Rodrigo Melo wrote:
>
> Recently was announced to the community one more early release of a
> Reference Implementation (http://www.ecmascript-lang.org/download.php )
> for ECMAScript Edition 4(more generally known as JavaScript 2). I would like
> to ask to you guys if there is some effort or plan to implement JavaScript 2
> in WebKit/JavaScriptCore.
>
> --
> r.

Rodrigo Melo