[webkit-dev] Unpacking Nightly Builds

Michael JasonSmith mpj17 at onlinegroups.net
Tue Jun 12 23:16:54 PDT 2007

I get and error unpacking the latest nightly build of WebKit for Windows
from
  http://nightly.webkit.org/
  http://nightly.webkit.org/files/win/WebKit-SVN-r22096.zip

As a caveat, I am unpacking the build under Linux, rather than Windows;
I have confirmation that the same package does not unpack under MacOS
either.

The first of the error messages from "unzip" are as follows.
        $ unzip WebKit-SVN-r22096.zip 2>&1 | head
        Archive:  WebKit-SVN-r22096.zip
        error [WebKit-SVN-r22096.zip]:  missing 9014340 bytes in zipfile
          (attempting to process anyway)
        error [WebKit-SVN-r22096.zip]:  attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile
          (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
          appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)
          (attempting to re-compensate)
        file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  0
          (attempting to re-compensate)
        error [WebKit-SVN-r22096.zip]:  attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile
Some files are extracted (under the "WebKit.resources" directory), but I
cannot determine if all of the files under that directory are extracted.

I know that Linux is not a supported operating system, but I thought you
would like to know :)

System
      * Linux 2.6.20-16-386
      * UnZip 5.52