[webkit-dev] SVG in WebKit for Safari 3 for Windows and Mac and iPhone?

Andreas Neumann neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 11 13:43:07 PDT 2007

SVG seems to be enabled.

However, I seem to have problems. While local file seem to work fine
(similar to the mac version), Safari on Windows crashes when loading
files from my own webserver, e.g. from
http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/samples/ - do others have the same
problem or is it specific to my install or webserver?

Maybe it is related to my webserver (gzip compression?) - other files
seem from other webserver seem to work fine. Files from my webserver
work fine in the Mac version of the Safari beta 3 ... strange

Andreas

Sergio Trejo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if SVG has been integrated into the build of WebKit
> that is being used for Safari 3 Beta which Steve Jobs announced a few
> hours ago will be available for Windows XP and Vista as well as Mac OS
> X and iPhone?
>
> The Holy Grail of building consistent SVG user experiences might just
> have arrived with the bomb that Steve Jobs dropped today! I truly hope
> and pray that SVG can now have a true shot at taking off without
> anyone ( e.g., Microsoft and its control freak attitude) getting in
> the way.
>
> Here's to WebKit, the jolly good fellow!
>
> -Serg

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/