[webkit-dev] WebForms 2.0 and Webkit

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Jun 6 14:15:20 PDT 2007

On Jun 6, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Andre-John Mas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have heard that the W3C was working on a specification known
> as 'Web Forms 2.0'. Does anyone know what the status of this is
> and whether there are any moves to incorporate this into
> WebKit or any other mainline rendering engine?

The Web Forms 2.0 spec was originally created by the WHAT Working
Group <http://whatwg.org>. It has been adopted by the W3C as part of
HTML5, and we'll likely support some of its features as it gets
reviewed and integrated into the main HTML5 spec.

(It is not at all the same thing as XForms.)

Regards,
Maciej