[webkit-dev] Your opinion on a CSS proposal

Windy Road tom at windyroad.org
Tue Jun 5 20:29:55 PDT 2007

Hi,

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place/way to ask this.

I recently posted on the www-style list a proposal for allowing the
'font-size' CSS property to have a value of 'auto':
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2007Jun/0016.html

The basic idea is that when font-size: auto is used, the browser would
calculate the font-size based on the element's width margins and
padding.  A javascript mockup is available at:

    http://windyroad.org/static/resolution-independence/

What I would like to know, if you can spare the time, is what you, the
webkit developers, feel about this proposal.  I'm not involved in any
browser development, so I don't know the implications such a proposal
would have if is at all feasible.

Thanks for your time,

--
Tom Howard