[webkit-dev] Making use of a KJS_EXPORT macro

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Jun 1 10:30:56 PDT 2007

Hey Geoff,

On Jun 1, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Geoffrey Garen wrote:

> Hi Luciano.
>
> I've found that the required exports from JavaScriptCore change all
> the time based on new functionality in WebCore or architectural
> changes in JavaScriptCore. I think that kind of documentation could
> quickly get out of sync with reality.

As I understand it, it's not documentation, but an alternative way of
controlling the actual exports. Instead of an export file you can
declare symbol visibility at compile time. In theory this could
somewhat improve codegen, since the compiler would know some
functions are not exported at compile time, not just link time.

  - Maciej