[webkit-dev] Different ways to build WebKit on Windows

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Tue Jul 31 08:29:11 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 31 July 2007 14:52:23 Artem Ananiev wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> currently WebKit is built on Windows platform using Visual Studio
> solution file:
>
>    $(WebKitDir)/WebKit/win/WebKit.vcproj/WebKit.sln
>
> However, sometimes it's not easy to deal with .sln or .vcproj files, so
> the question is: is it possible to to build WebKit on Windows platform
> using, for example, Makefiles? If the solution above is generated with
> qmake, it should be possible to generate the corresponding Makefiles
> using the same qmake. Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in qmake and
> don't know if it is possible.

The .sln file is unrelated to the Qt build and its use of qmake. The Qt build
on Windows right now only supports Makefiles (using nmake or mingw-make).
QMake itself can also generate Visual Studio project files but we haven't
tested these yet with WebKit. We will try to get them working at some point
though, it might just need a few small fixes when calling the perl scripts.

Simon