[webkit-dev] Question to the Adobe ApolloWebKit developers, tips and tricks to getting your "branch" to compile.

Fuenty, Chris chris.fuenty at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 14:26:44 PDT 2007

Allright, I'm out of town right now, but should be back in a few hours.  If
I'm not sleeping by then, rather tired :(, I'm going to check back on this
list post.

I've been working with the apollo projects in the M4 directory as Chris'
post has described.  With JSCore, there was a bit of altering some files and
moving some stuff around, to get it to compile.  Nothing major, just a bit
of troubleshooting, mainly in the hash values (.lut.h files) and the
bison-grammar generation.  With a basic C++ knowledgebase I have I have got
it to compile without error.

WebKit compiled right out of the box.  No issues there

Going on to compile WebKit, I have ran into a few issues, mainly with the
unresolved externals in WebCore and JavaScript Core libs.  I'll post a list
of them when I get back, but from what I have looked at they seem to have a
similar function naming convention, and look like there coming from another
library, not WebCore/JSCore.  Is there any other libraries (the libxml, or
any other of the libs pulled down from the inet from ./install-win-extras)
that I need to link upon?

Also, regarding some changes I have found in WebKit, Does it support
plugins?  I briefly looked through some files that seem to be directly
related, but haven't eximaned the sources of them to see whether or not they
are complete.  While I'm at it, might as well ask.

Keep me informed.  Thanks

--Z