[webkit-dev] Javascript collector

Patrick Hanna phanna at email.unc.edu
Wed Jul 25 13:02:47 PDT 2007

I am running into a segmentation fault in
Collector::collectOnMainThreadOnly on the line that reads:

cellBlock(cell)->collectOnMainThreadOnly.set(cellOffset(cell));

I believe that the reason is because the address passed in as 'value'
is the address of a stack variable. This address comes from
PluginsFunc::callAsFunction. PluginBase is created on the stack and
the constructor for DOMObject calls
Collector::collectOnMainThreadOnly with 'this' as the parameter.

My question is, should Collector::collectOnMainThreadOnly work with
stack pointers? If it is supposed to work, when does the
CollectorBlock for the stack object get created? Specificy,
CollectorBlock::collectOnMainThreadOnly is the structure that I'm
running in to problems with.

Thanks,

Patrick