[webkit-dev] compile safari in cygwin fail

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Sun Jul 22 12:17:16 PDT 2007

On Jul 22, 2007, at 10:49 AM, Jerry K wrote:

> anyone can give some ideas about  error MIDL 2272 faile? thanks
>
> interface IWebScriptObject : IUnknown
> interface IDOMObject : IWebScriptObject
> interface IDOMImplementation : IDOMObject
>
> 1>oaidl.acf
> 1>Processing C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows
> Server 2003
> R2\Include\ocidl.acf
> 1>ocidl.acf
> 1>..\Interfaces\IWebURLRequest.idl(80) : warning MIDL2039 :
> interface does
> not conform to [oleautomation] attribute : [ Parameter 'result' of
> Procedure
> 'allHTTPHeaderFields' ( Interface 'IWebURLRequest' ) ]

    My only guess would be that you have the wrong version of Visual
Studio/Visual C++ Express installed (though I'd be surprised if that
were actually the problem, since midl.exe (which processes the .idl
files) comes with the Platform SDK, and it looks like you have the
right version of that). Are you using version 2005 SP1 of VS/VC++
Express? Did you follow the instructions at http://webkit.org/building/tools.html
  ?

-Adam