[webkit-dev] Building errors and QT

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Mon Jul 16 08:18:49 PDT 2007

On Sunday 15 July 2007, Steve Atkins wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2007, at 2:16 PM, George Staikos wrote:
> > On 14-Jul-07, at 6:16 PM, Nagy Tamás wrote:
> >>  Other question :I'm also interested in compiling it with QT, I
> >> downloaded QT OpenSource Edition for Windows, but I couldn't
> >> compile it anyway. Could somebody send me (or tell e, where can I
> >> find) a step-by-step documentation, how should I build webkit with
> >> QT, please?
> >
> >   We don't presently support building WebKitQt on Windows.  We'll
> > add support in the future (or you're welcome to contribute it).
>
> Any guesses as to how difficult that would be to do - just beating on
> the build automation, or might some of the code be VC++ unfriendly?

The biggest problem is the use of our custom qmake 'compilers' for the various
bits.  For instance, the path is hardcoded in many parts and uses the unix
directory separator.  The hard part will be getting this all to work using
cygwin tools and the windows compiler.  I haven't looked at it since the
release of the windows port, but this might make it easier.  Anyways, not a
terribly difficult task, just will take a bit of time.

Adam