[webkit-dev] Directory for Safari 3 for Windows plugins that isn't in Program Files?

MILIANO Vitorio vitorio.miliano at gemalto.com
Fri Jul 6 16:33:10 PDT 2007

Hello, the Apple web-dev list suggested I post this question here:

I'm an NPAPI plugin author looking for some help on where Safari 3 for
Windows likes its plugins.

For Windows users without administrator access, there's no way to write
files into the Program Files directory, so no way to install plugins
into Program Files\Safari\Plugins.

Is there an alternate directory location available, or will there be?
Application Data\Apple Computer\Safari\Plugins, perhaps?  I haven't
found a location that's worked.

Thanks,
Vitorio Miliano