[webkit-dev] Help making a focus loop test case that works under IE and Gecko?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Jul 5 00:29:30 PDT 2007

This is a strange place to be asking this, but:

Does anyone know how to make JavaScript that advances the currently
focused node as hitting the tab key would for IE and for Gecko? Not
focusing a particular node, but advancing the focus using the
engine's concept of which is the next node that receives focus when
you hit the tab key.

This would really help me in building a test case.

In WebKit, I can create a tab key keyboard event, and then when I
dispatch it focus advances as it would if you hit the tab key. Is
there an equivalent in these other browsers? Do you have a working
example?

     -- Darin