[webkit-dev] iPhone Orientation and Scaling

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at iPhoneWebDev.com
Tue Jul 3 19:22:49 PDT 2007

On 7/3/07, David D. Kilzer <ddkilzer at kilzer.net> wrote:
> Others have used the window's resize event to determine when the phone rotates.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/iphonewebdev/browse_thread/thread/c064b183c1207a98
> http://www.joehewitt.com/files/liquid1.html
> http://dev.visualdrugs.net/mootools/iphone/iphone.html

That is actually the group I run ;-)

The issue is that there are still situations where the iPhone scales,
particularly after text entry (which happens even if you have
"user-scalable=false" and max and minimum scale 1.0), where we need to
either know that the iphone has scaled and correct accordingly, or
change the scale dynamically.

To date, we've not seen this in the DOM anywhere.

-- Christopher Allen