[webkit-dev] looking to get involved

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Jan 19 12:35:32 PST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Kevin Decker wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2007, at 9:16 AM, sam mussell wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently graduated with a BS in computer science and I currently
>> work as a web developer.  I would like to get involved in Web Kit
>> as a
>> way to contribute to a project I like and to gain some experience
>> working on larger scale projects.  I have taken classes in compiler
>> construction, software engineering, and networking.  I am also very
>> familiar with C/C++.  Anyhow I was just wondering what the best
>> way to
>> get started was, and if anyone has any suggestions of a good project
>> to start with.  Thanks for your help.
>

> Check out webkit.org, hop on IRC and fix some bugs.

To expand on what Kevin said, right now we're trying to focus on
stability and regressions. The best way to help is to fix P1 bugs
from Bugzilla. This is also a great way to learn more about the code
base. Here's a URL for the query: http://tinyurl.com/yxd5wy

The #webkit IRC channel is a great place to get help when working on
a fix.

Regards,
Maciej