[webkit-dev] contentWidth of a table row & rendering data

Stephen Deken stephen.deken at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 08:03:55 PST 2007

On 1/17/07, David D. Kilzer <ddkilzer at kilzer.net> wrote:
> There is nothing that says you can't ship your own copy of WebKit
> (legal or otherwise)!  OmniWeb does just that.

Strange -- I'd read some discussion (apparently from 2004) which
indicated the WebKit framework was not licensed for distribution:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/webkitsdk-dev/2004/Mar/msg00038.html

If this has changed since then, great!  I love it when the solution
gets handed to me.  :)

Now my only problem is that XCode really, really wants to link against
the WebKit in /System/Library/Frameworks instead of my private copy.
Something is wonky with my linker settings, and I wasn't able to
discern exactly what it was in the few minutes I had this morning.  I
wound up just setting DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH and
WEBKIT_UNSET_DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH to get it working, but obviously this
won't work when shipping.

> You just have to weigh the consequences, the most obvious of which is
> that if Apple ships an update to WebKit (security fix or bug fix),
> your application won't take advantage of that since it's using it's
> own internal copy.

That's not such a large problem if I can eventually use the shipping
version.  If your speculation bears fruit, this is all moot anyway,
since we won't be shipping until after Leopard debuts.

Many thanks, David and Mark, for all your help.

--
Stephen Deken
stephen.deken at gmail.com