[webkit-dev] transparent

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Jan 16 13:27:51 PST 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:27 PM, Mike Reed wrote:

> I'm trying to have a webpage draw with no bg, so I can place it
> over a predetermined image (or none at all). I tried
> FrameView::setTransparent(true), but that didn't seem to have any
> effect. Any pointers? Is this related to printing?

The code that does this on Mac OS X WebKit starts in -[WebView
setDrawsBackground:]. I'm not sure what all it ends up doing, but it
shouldn't be too hard to follow that code around and see what ends up
happening at the WebCore level.

Like many things in WebKit, much of the logic could probably be moved
down into WebCore so it could be used on additional platforms.

     -- Darin