[webkit-dev] Stabilizing the tree

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Jan 15 23:29:40 PST 2007

Hi everyone,

WebKit has been in a state of churn for a while now, with no major
release being cut from the tip of tree code in nearly two years.
Together, we've made some awesome improvements in web site
compatibility, performance, standards support, portability and many
other areas.

Now it's time to consolidate those gains and clean up some of the
regressions that crept in along the way. We expect various ports to
continue doing merging and bring-up work. But for core code, the most
valuable work is to fix P1 bugs, especially regressions, as well as
reproducible crashes, hangs and leaks. Here's a query for P1 bugs
(stripping out for now bugs which are specific to the S60 branch):

http://tinyurl.com/yxd5wy

Similarly, we could really use more stability and compatibility
testing. If you can reproduce a crash, or you know of serious
problems on sites that worked before, now is the time to get that bug
filed.

Regards,
Maciej