[webkit-dev] Reporting FCKeditor related bugs

Frederico Caldeira Knabben fredck at fredck.com
Fri Jan 12 02:40:05 PST 2007

It is really nice to see that FCKeditor is almost running with the nightly.
There are still some bugs, and before I do any move, I would like to be sure
this is something acceptable.

I've always tried to create bug reports whithout associating them to
FCKeditor. I simply got a buggy thing in the editor, and reducted it as much
as possible to generate precise reports.

All we know how reductions are important. And we also know that their
creation take a lot of time. So, the report of bugs were going pretty slow.

I've noted instead that, for the TinyMCE editor, there are many generic bugs
strictly specifying TinyMCE compatibility. Something like "TinyMCE: Format
pulldown doesn't work". Those reports have not so much information. Many
times just a line of descrition of the bug.

I have a list of bugs of FCKeditor with Safari. Should I start filling
simple "FCKeditor: ..." reports for all of them?

In these way we would all have a clear compatibility status, and in the mean
time myself, and others interested would be working for the regressions.

Thanks for the information,
FredCK

PS: The following are the current known bugs:

- links are clickable in the editing area
- the "Save" button doesn't update the hidden field before posting
- bogus <br> remain in the code
- "Templates" doesn't work when inserting in the cursor position
- paste buttons are always disabled
- find dialog doesn't work
- "Remove Format" button adds Apple tag to the code
- enter key inside forms create further forms.
- hidden fields doesn't show up
- <span class="Apple-style-span"> when formatting
- the "Link" dialog is not loading correctly
- objects are not selectable and dragable
- "Insert Special Char" doesn't work
- the "Size" toolbar combo has no effect in text
- panels on toolbar items are positioned wrongly
- panels are not hidden when clicking outside them
- context menu icons are not showing
- tables are compressed on creation
- form fields are enabled in the editing area