[webkit-dev] Gdklauncher Craches

Krzysztof Kowalczyk kkowalczyk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 15:30:01 PST 2007

On my Ubuntu 6.10 with the default curl libraries (7.15.4, I believe),
I've been seeing often crashes in curl. They all pretty much went away
when I uninstalled curl and build my own debug version from latest
curl sources (http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.16.1.tar.gz) and
made gdklauncher use that.

While it's hard for me to believe that such a widely used library like
curl could be broken on one of the most popular distros, the evidence
is in favor of that conclusion.

Another possibility is that we're not using curl code correctly in gdk
port and newer version (or debug build) is more resilient to that
incorrect usage, but I spent some time studying the code and nothing
jumps out as wrong.

-- kjk