[webkit-dev] Open Design beyond Open Source

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Fri Feb 16 18:37:39 PST 2007

So far I've heard:

(1) Switch the entire repository over to a new version control
system, with no real reasons cited other than what appears to be a
religious preference for your own particular favorite version control
system.

(2) Throw out all the built-in graphics/networking code from the OS
and write new common code, despite the fact that apps on KDE and OS X
use the engine in an embedded context to display UI that has to
interact seamlessly.

(3) Weird complaints about lack of port documentation when there is
an open Wiki available for use.

(4) That the open source project is a "failure" because it doesn't do
exactly what you want.

At this point I think you're just insane, so I'm done with this
thread.  You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

dave
(hyatt at apple.com)