[webkit-dev] Building on Linux

Jean-Charles VERDIE jcverdie at pleyo.com
Thu Feb 15 03:42:06 PST 2007

wtk32 a écrit :
> Hi Jean-Charles
>
>> It's really interesting since our refactoring is based upon a clear
>> split between what is really (from our point of view) WebKit, and
>> what is platform+OS dependent (font engine, graphic context, threads,
>> and so on).
>
> This sounds most interesting. Will the results of this refactoring
> appear in the release you mentioned in a previous post?

Sure. We even hope that (some of) them are accepted into the TOT :-)
We will propose a "BAL" directory, including all the abstraction
factories, plus a minimal path to have WebCore/JSCore compile with BAL.
 From our point of view, BAL is a replacement of "platform/" but we'll
see where to place it. It could also been seen as a specific port of
WebKit, and thus be included in platform/...

Regards
Jean-Charles

--
Jean-Charles Verdié