[webkit-dev] Building on Linux

Krzysztof Kowalczyk kkowalczyk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 21:07:16 PST 2007

Current svn gdk build works. Here's a script I use to do a full build:

kjk at kjkubu:~/src/webkit-tot$ more ./gdk-rebuild.sh
#!/bin/sh
pushd .
cd WebKitTools/Scripts
./regenerate-makefiles
cd ../../JavaScriptCore
make clean
make
cd ../WebCore/Projects/gdk
make clean
make .DerivedSources
make
cd ../../../WebKitTools/GdkLauncher
make clean
make
popd

To run:
kjk at kjkubu:~/src/webkit-tot$ cd WebKitTools/GdkLauncher/
kjk at kjkubu:~/src/webkit-tot/WebKitTools/GdkLauncher$ source ENV
kjk at kjkubu:~/src/webkit-tot/WebKitTools/GdkLauncher$ ./gdklauncher

If you get a lots of compile errors, that probably means missing
dependencies. Check that you have icu-dev installed.

You have to have the latest Ubuntu 6.10 since that's the only one that
has the required cairo version.

-- kjk