[webkit-dev] Cookie sharing policy api?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Mon Dec 31 13:45:53 PST 2007

On Dec 29, 2007, at 7:50 AM, Todd Ditchendorf wrote:

> It seems that all webkit-based apps on my system share cookies (thru
> +[NSHTTPCookieStorage sharedCookieStorage] ?).
>
> Is there any api within webkit (or elsewhere) that allows you to
> configure the cookie sharing policy to alter this behavior?

There is no API for this.

WebKit doesn't handle the cookies, so if there was API it would need
to be Foundation (NSURL) API.

The cookie-related code in WebKit is to allow getting and setting the
cookies from JavaScript. The normal business of setting cookies and
sending cookies along with requests is entirely handled by Foundation
and CFNetwork.

     -- Darin