[webkit-dev] some WebCore::String plans

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Dec 19 12:59:03 PST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Marvin Decker wrote:

> This sounds good. Are there any plan to replace DeprecatedString
> with String when this is complete? It would make a big difference.

Yes, uses of DeprecatedString should all be removed.

But that doesn't need to wait for this plan. Migration from
DeprecatedString can be done before, during, and/or after the things I
listed here.

If you're working on replacing a particular use of DeprecatedString
with String and run into an inefficiency or problem then please raise
it on the list -- we should fix it right away rather than waiting.

Is this something you're interested in working on?

     -- Darin