[webkit-dev] could someone give a hand in porting WebKit to Linux?

Jean-Charles VERDIE (Pleyo) jcverdie at pleyo.com
Wed Dec 12 00:28:49 PST 2007

Hello,
Le 12 déc. 07 à 03:35, Mark Rowe a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On 12/12/2007, at 13:22, Hu XueLian-E7391C wrote:
>
>> When porting WebKit to Linux, we encountered many strange
>> questions. Did someone succeed in porting it Linux? If yes,
>> could you share your solution with us?
>
> WebKit runs on Linux using either the Qt and Gtk toolkits.
> Information on building for these ports is available at <http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/BuildingQtOnLinux
> > and <http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/BuildingGtk>
> respectively.

A meta-port of Webkit, relying on a library granularity, also runs
flawlessly on linux and ucLinux. It's currently only available from an
external repository (www.sand-labs.org/owb) while we are waiting for
an answer from webkit.org wrt opening an OWB branch

Jean-Charles Verdié

Join OWB team on freenode IRC, channel #owb

Pleyo, CTO
mobile: +33 (0)6 282 616 05
skype: jcverdie