[webkit-dev] Etag support?

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Tue Dec 11 18:50:43 PST 2007

Hi Andre-John,

Andre-John Mas wrote:
> Can anyone tell me whether WebKit support the ETAG header?

To my knowledge, E-tag is handled at the networking level, and so is not
implemented in WebKit itself. WebKit on Windows and OS X uses Apple's
CFNetwork library, WebKit on Qt uses Qt's networking code, WebKit on
GTK+ uses libcurl, so the question is really whether each of those
networking libraries supports E-tag headers (and I don't know the answer
for any of those, though I strongly suspect CFNetwork does).

-Adam