[webkit-dev] QtWebKit build issue: pathGetFilename

KC Jones bernalkc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:19:04 PDT 2007

Newbie first post here.  I really, really did not want to
open with a "I can't build it" post, but c'est la vie.

I am attempting to complete the QtWebKit build as described
on the Wiki.  It was humming along when it bombed out on a
UDEF link error of PathFindFileName referenced by
pathGetFilename in HTMLFormElement.cpp.  The exact error
message is below.

When I look at /WebKit/WebCore/html/HTMLFormElement.cpp it
looks fine.  The problem code appears to have been introduce
in Rev 25067 on 8/13.  I don't yet know the build scripts
well enough to suggest where the missing lib needs to be
added, but the missing symbol comes from shlwapi.lib.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Cheers,
KC Jones

        link /LIBPATH:"c:\Qt\4.3.1\lib" /NOLOGO /DEBUG /DLL
/MANIFESTFILE:"tmp\QtWebKit.intermediate.manifest" /OUT:..\lib\QtWebKit.dll
@C:\DOCUME~1\KJones\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm5B.tmp
   Creating library ..\lib\QtWebKit.lib and object ..\lib\QtWebKit.exp
HTMLFormElement.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__PathFindFileNameW at 4 referenced in function "class WebCore::String
__cdecl WebCore::pathGetFilename(class WebCore::String)"
(?pathGetFilename at WebCore@@ YA?AVString at 1@V21@@Z)
..\lib\QtWebKit.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
WEXITSTATUS is not a valid POSIX macro at WebKitTools\Scripts\build-webkit
line 141