[webkit-dev] Error while building WebKit Gdk on Mac OS X

Shriram Bhat shriramnbhat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 02:21:54 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I am trying to build WebKit Gdk on Mac OS 10.4.9 (Tiger) PowerPC with Gcc
version 4.0.1
I have downloaded the WebKit code from
http://webkit.org/building/checkout.html

To build WebKit Gdk, i am using the build instructions as given in
http://trac.webkit.org/projects/webkit/wiki/BuildingGdk
I have installed the listed dependent packages and Qmake.

I am using the command WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts$ ./build-webkit --gdk  to
build Gdk.
While building i am getting the following error...

ld: Undefined symbols: __ZN7WebCore9CSSParser3lexEv
/usr/bin/libtool : internal link edit command failed
make[1]: *** [../lib/libWebKitGdk.1.0.0.dylib] Error 1
make: *** [sub-WebCore-make-default-ordered] Error 2

Can anyone please help me in resolving this error and building Gdk?

Thanks,
Shriram