[webkit-dev] Build webkit for Qt / msvc 2005 express
silex0r at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:59:00 PDT 2007
I want to get qt-webkit for Qt 4.3.1, using msvc 2005 express on Windows XP.
I tried to follow the instructions from
Here's what I've done:
1) Install msvc 2005 express & service pack 1
2) Install platform SDK & configure vcvar32.bat
3) Install Qt 4.3.1 & set QTDIR and QMAKESPEC
4) Install bison, flex, libicon, gperf and perl & configure the PATH
5) Fetch http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk with Tortoise SVN
6) Open a cmd, go to the webkit dir, run "perl WebKitTools\Scripts\build-webkit"
7) cry & debug errors for hours until giving up and asking here
Here the errors I encountered along my debugging session :
The line "result[i] = QChar::toCaseFolded(src[i])" made a compile
error because the call to QChar::toCaseFolder() was ambiguous
(uint32_t or uint16_t?). I solved it by casting to the appropriate
The same kind of error happens in "WebCore\platform\qt\FontQt.cpp".
so the following didn't compile because nodeLink isn't declared at top
of scope :
void Node_appendChild(Node* node, Node* child)
NodeLink* nodeLink = (NodeLink*)malloc(sizeof(NodeLink));
/* ... */
I fixed that by adding "-TP" to my QMAKE_CFLAGS in
C:\Qt\4.3.1\mkspecs\win32-msvc2005, that way the .c were compiled in
But then it started to go downhill from there... and really badly.
#error "This stdbool.h file should only be compiled under Windows"
I got the #error triggered ! Which means WIN_OS wasn't defined or
something was really fishy... I commented it out and it compiled but
then later on I had hundreds of side effects like it couldn't #include
implementation files for windows etc so at this point I gave up and
someone in #webkit adviced me to ask here on this mailing list :)
Thanks for reading me so far, any help is really appreciated :)
More information about the webkit-dev