[webkit-dev] Directory for Safari 3 for Windows plugins that isn't in Program Files?

MILIANO Vitorio vitorio.miliano at gemalto.com
Tue Aug 21 17:14:31 PDT 2007

Anders Carlsson wrote:

> It won't matter where you install your plug-in as long as you
> add a registry entry for it as described in

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Plugins:_The_first_install_problem

I've finally tested this, and this does not seem to be the case.

Safari 3.0.3 (522.15.5) for Windows appears to only check
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MozillaPlugins for plugins, not
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MozillaPlugins.  This means that it will not
(and does not) pick up NPAPI plugins installed without Administrator
privileges.

Where should I file this as a bug?

Thanks,
Vitorio Miliano