[webkit-dev] identifying a unique iPhone?

Rob Burns robburns1 at mac.com
Sat Aug 18 01:19:38 PDT 2007

> Hi Mahesh,
>

> I'm wondering what problem you're trying to solve that cookies
> don't solve.

BTW, I added Webkitsdk-dev to this email since I think that's the
more appropriate place to discuss this. I'm leaving Webkit-dev@ on
here too since I don't know who the original poster was. Replies
should  probably remove the webkit-dev@ email address.

One other thought too. My understanding is that iPhone currently
lacks complete support for 509certificates and the like. Once support
for that exists (and I'm just assuming it will some day)  that would
be the other way to uniquely identify a phone that would not involve
invading the device user's privacy (since its based on shared trust).

Take care,
Rob