[webkit-dev] Small question about versioning

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Fri Aug 17 01:56:30 PDT 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 11:20 PM, Mike Hommey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When a change like [1] occurs, does it mean the current tree is
> "released" as version 523.2 or that the previous revision was the
> "release" of 523.1 ?

These version numbers in the .xcodeproj files are an Apple-internal
versioning scheme. They do not indicate a release. The Mac OS X
version of WebKit isn't really released in the conventional source
tarball form.

Releases of the Gtk and Qt ports, and versioning schemes for them,
would be up to the developers of those respective ports. I don't
believe there have been any releases for either port yet.

Regards,
Maciej