[webkit-dev] ResourceLoaderClient

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 07:08:13 PDT 2006

On 9/28/06, Sébastien Roret <sroret at origyn.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm also looking for such a method.
> I've perhaps found a way to know if the page has loaded properly.
> Frame inherits from ResourceLoaderClient, and receivedAllData() notifies
> that the loading has stopped.
>  You can then ask the ResourceLoader passed in argument for an error, with
> error() method, which should be filled if the server returned us an error,
> and also if the client faced a network problem or a timeout.
> Does it make sense ?
>
> Seb

Yes but recievedAllData should not be called in the case of a error in
my opinion.
I think that it should be and error callback.
I've got it working this way but my delete for the ResourceLoader impl
cancels the job.
and results in the call being called a second time if I delete the job
thats finished.
Resulting in some pretty tricky code.
I'd like to keep delete calling cancel I could add a bit more logic to
keep cancel
from delete calling back in the case of normal completion but I question calling
recievedAllData from and error condition either cancel or communication error.

What I think is needed is a flag to show the three completion status
possobilities and
two more callbacks.

1.) Normal calles recievedAllData
2.) Communication error calls a errorCallback.
3.) Canceled called cancel callback.
2 and 3 can be combined.

As far as when the page is loaded you also may wan't to know when all
auto loaded resources are also finished. Thus its when the page
completes and when any resources
such as scripts and images etc are also fully loaded. For complete its
probably not when
the ResourceLoader completes but actually when the xml parser finishes parsing.
In anycase I think their is a lot of state information that could be useful.