[webkit-dev] xmlns attribute

Rob Burns robburns1 at mac.com
Fri Sep 1 18:50:10 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I think I've encountered a few bugs, but wanted to post  here before
I submit them to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

First, when I use "getAttribute:xmlns:SomePrefix" on a DOMElement it
returns NUL even though this attribute is set on the root element and
is still valid for the current scope. I thought this attribute was
inherited and therefore should work on any sub-element in the
hierarchy (scope). If that's not the proper way to get the
namespaceURI for a namespacePrefix, is there another method for that?

Second, when calling className method on a DOMElement I'm getting the
class description for the instance rather than the class attribute.
My sense  was that the "className" was created to avoid collisions
with "class" Shouldn't "className" return the "class" attribute while
"class" instance method returns the instances class? Do I have these
backwards?

Best Wishes,
Rob