[webkit-dev] Problems porting layout tests to linux

Jean-Charles VERDIE jcverdie at origyn.fr
Fri Sep 1 01:12:52 PDT 2006

Hi Krzystof,

We had this idea, but it brings a new problem: Let's imagine that we
tolerate a 2 px error. Let's imagine, again, that for one specific test, the
rendered test is 1 px smaller than the reference. Everything's ok. But then
I make some very bad change to the code and tomorrow's build brings that the
same test is now 1 px bigger. Still on the road, but the regression would
not be detected...

Another (bigger) issue : the fuzz factor is a kind of a chain reaction : if
my first block is 2 px bigger, the second block will begin 2 px after the
expected position, if it is still 2 px bigger, the next one will begin 4 px
after the expected position, and so on and so on...

--
Jean-Charles Verdié
Origyn Web Browser for Embedded Systems Team