[webkit-dev] Bugzilla moved (tip on how to redirect to the new address)

Timothy Hatcher timothy at hatcher.name
Tue Oct 3 11:58:12 PDT 2006

Most of you have already noticed that we have moved WebKit's Bugzilla
to bugs.webkit.org. We have updated the WebKit site and ChangeLogs to
use the new Bugzilla URL; however, any old URLs will not automatically
redirect like we would like. Many of you will still have
bugzilla.opendarwin.org links somewhere, so here is a tip how to make
bugzilla.opendarwin.org locally redirect.

1) Open /etc/hosts:

sudo $EDITOR /etc/hosts

2) Append the following:

17.254.17.105 bugzilla.opendarwin.org

3) Save /etc/hosts.

Now old Bugzilla URLs will redirect to the new address.

— Timothy Hatcher