[webkit-dev] Is WebKit's javascript subpar?

Abhi Beckert abhibeckert at gmail.com
Thu May 25 18:04:08 PDT 2006

I've seen several blog posts recently (eg:
http://rentzsch.com/code/dashcodeForAjaxAppDevelopment) that boldly
state WebKit's "ajax support" is vastly inferior to FireFox. All of
them have been very vague and haven't specified exactly where WebKit
is lacking, so I thought I'd ask you guys: Is WebKit inferior, or is
it just because FF is cross platform/has more users, and the companies
are focusing on FF first, and other engines later?

If these claims are unfounded, lets chop them off at the head.