[webkit-dev] New text fields are turned on!

Timothy Hatcher timothy at hatcher.name
Fri Mar 31 11:36:04 PST 2006

On Mar 31, 2006, at 11:22 AM, Steven Fisher wrote:

> What kind of state is this considered to be in? Is it intended to
> be in a stable enough state that it's worth reporting bugs against,
> or is this just life at the top of the tree while developers are
> still testing and fixing their own work?

No matter what state text-fields are in you are encouraged to file
bugs about behavior change and other problems that need addressed.

> Just for instance: Double clicking words doesn't work properly in
> most cases, copy-paste inserts extra spaces, spell checking doesn't
> work... I'll file these if desired, but if the code is still being
> written it's a bit pointless to do so. (Although it doesn't crash.
> That's good!)

Again it is never pointless to file a bug. You can look over all the
bugs filed about the new text-fields here:

http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/buglist.cgi?
query_format=advanced&keywords=NativeTextField&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bu
g_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&resolution=INVALID&
resolution=WONTFIX&resolution=LATER&resolution=REMIND&resolution=DUPLICA
TE&resolution=WORKSFORME&resolution=MOVED&resolution=---

Double clicking is filed in bug 8063. Please file bugs about copy-
paste and spell checking.

— Timothy Hatcher