[webkit-dev] Large patch landing this Friday

Eric Seidel eseidel at apple.com
Mon Mar 13 16:59:42 PST 2006

Fellow WebKit Developers:

There have been several code-cleanup efforts underway in the WebKit
source tree over the last 6 months.  Many of these efforts are
currently incomplete.  In order to finally put to rest some of these
efforts Darin has written a large script which performs a number of
renames in one go.

If you're curious to the details, see here:

http://trac.webkit.org/dev/browser/trunk/WebKitTools/Scripts/do-
webcore-rename?rev=13276

Of note:
*Impl -> *
Q* -> Deprecated* (including QString -> DeprecatedString)
All JavaScript bindings now get a JS prefix

We plan to run this script and land the changes late Friday afternoon
(PST).

Note:  After we land, this will likely break most outstanding patches.

Please send me any comments, questions, concerns.  Thanks.

-eric