[webkit-dev] Layout Test compilation on linux system

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 08:41:31 PDT 2006

On 6/27/06, David D. Kilzer <ddkilzer at kilzer.net> wrote:
> I believe you'll have to write your own version of DumpRenderTree
> ("DRT") for Linux.  Take a look at the code in WebKitTools/
> DumpRenderTree/DumpRenderTree.vcproj/DumpRenderTree/
> DumpRenderTree.cpp for Windows, in addition to the original Mac OS X
> code in WebKitTools/DumpRenderTree/DumpRenderTree.m.
>
> You may even be able to reuse the Windows code.  I'm not sure how
> functional the Windows code is, though.

Just for info the linux port is mainly derived from the windows port
first and the Mac port second. The windows port is a bit more useful
since its c++ and currently only implements the basics.

I'm working on a new patch right now should be out today or tomorrow.
It addresses a lot of the concerns in the bug report.

Mike