[webkit-dev] drawing LF/CR/etc.

Mike Reed mikerreed at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 08:59:15 PDT 2006

<input type="checkbox" name="box" checked="checked" />Test
<input ...>

When I draw this page, I see a box at the end of "Test". "Test" is
comming into Font::drawText() as a 5 character string, with a CR (or
LF, don't remember which) at the end. In my font, that draws as a box.

Is it correct that the parser didn't strip that, or convert it into a
space? If so, is my port expected to strip these sorts of characters
each time I measure or draw (hurting performance)? If I had complete
control over all my fonts, I could wack their cmap tables to ensure
that all control characters mapped to zero-width spaces, but I don't
have the luxury.

If I am required to handle these control characters, is there a list
of exactly which the parser will pass through?

thanks,
mike