[webkit-dev] documentation/ folder breakdown?

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Fri Jul 14 12:06:12 PDT 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 18:46, schmindor wrote:
> Might just be missing it, but is theredocumentation on the code, what's in
> the different folders, what classes do what, what needs to be changed for a
> port to a new platform?
>
> http://webkit.opendarwin.org/projects/documentation/index.html

Exactly. It's surprising so little attention is payed to documentation while
other quality assurance approaches are quite good. I would almost added f
commit policy for that code should be documented. Just as that it should pass
tests, be reviewed and so on.

I think someone should deploy Doxygen. It doesn't necessarily involve much
work, just adding Doxygen helps a lot. For example, for Patternist, KDE's
XQuery/XPath 2.0/XSL-T 2.0 implementation, understanding the code is much
easier with DOxygen and that's even though almost only @short tags are
written:

http://patternist.sourceforge.net/documentation/API/

Cheers,