[webkit-dev] Anonymous Subversion is Live

Timothy Hatcher timothy at hatcher.name
Mon Jan 9 17:24:49 PST 2006

The anonymous Subversion server is now live! We have updated our
"Getting the Code" page with the new steps for subversion.

http://webkit.opendarwin.org/building/checkout.html

You can download Subversion 1.3 here: http://metissian.com/downloads/
macosx/subversion/subversion-client-1.3.0.dmg

Some commands have been removed or replaced with svn equivalents.
Here is a list:

cvs-apply -> svn-apply
cvs-unapply -> svn-unapply
cvs-create-patch -> svn-create-patch
update-webkit (now works with svn)
prepare-ChangeLog (now works with svn)
checkout (removed, no longer needed)

The svn command is very similar to cvs. It takes similar sub-commands
and shorthands, like "co", "up", "diff". If you know how to do it in
cvs, just try it with svn. Here are some differences:

If you use "cvs -qn up", you can now do this with "svn status".
If you use "cvs diff -u", you can just do "svn diff" since Subversion
always uses unified format.
The "svn add" command will recursively add new directories and all
files under it.
You can now move files with "svn mv oldname newname".

These are just the basics and I encurage you to skim through the
manual at:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/index.html

— Timothy Hatcher