[webkit-dev] Tree Closed for Subversion Import

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sat Jan 7 13:49:09 PST 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 18:04, Timothy Hatcher wrote:
> The tree is now closed for a few hours until I can get Subversion up
> and running with the imported tree. I will send another email when I
> am finished.

One thing I find exciting with Webkit's switch to SVN is that SVN brings
better possibilities for talking with other repositories, such as
svn.kde.org.

By mirroring SVN repositories with SVK, one can copy/merge between two
different SVN repositories.[1] I think an SVK bug prevents full history to be
transferred, but with current versions SVN properties is handled, one have
merge/conflict control, and status information about what one is pushing back
to the merge target. SVK might be handy when doing JSC/KJS & WebCore/KDOM
merges.

Cheers,

		Frans

1.
I tried this out with svn.kde.org. I had developed a testing utility for
KDOM's XPath 2.0/XQuery code in a local SVN repository, and transferred it to
svn.kde.org.