[webkit-dev] a quick Linux port ?

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 07:33:06 PST 2006

On 2/23/06, Sébastien Roret <sroret at sand-labs.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's great to see such an interest for a gtk port of webkit. Unfortunately
> we'll have to wait a bit for that, once the webkit refactoring will be done.
> We need a browser on Linux for one of our client, and we'll also have a
> deadline :)
> So the idea is to keep the current Objective-C webkit and to port only
> platform dependencies that are not available under Linux, to be as quick as
> possible.
> Do you think it is feasible ? Does this kind of port still represent a huge
> amount of work ?

The old gtk port works to some extent and I've got one upgraded to
work under directfb
at the directfb website.

I think what your wanting is a port on top of Gnustep I'm not sure how
different the gnustep libraries are from the libraries used by Webkit.

I'm working right now on upgrading the gtk port refactoring be damned :)

If your this short on time why not mozilla for now they have a small
build minimo that
has like a 12 meg footprint and look at webkit later.

Mike