[webkit-dev] Autoconf

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 06:48:25 PST 2006

On 2/21/06, Mario Bensi <mbensi at sand-labs.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I find this project :
>
> http://www.scons.org/
>
> http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Index.html
>
> it's perhaps a better approach  than autoconf/automake...
>
> what do you think of this?
>
> Mario

I  just converted to  bakefile I'm pretty happy with it and it allows
python code inline.
I've looked at cmake and its as complex as autconf arguably better but
I like bakfile
plus with bakefile although xml allows inline python giving you s a
lot of what scons
In fact it prob possible to merge some of scons into bakefile.

Bakefile reminds me a lot of ant which works well for java but never
really works for C/C++.
And it can generate the OSX xcode build scripts. I was happy  that it
generated a reasonable Makefile no autoconf needed for me !!!

My vote is  now Bakefile

Mike